My New Home

My New Home
Downtown Seattle - Nighttime

Friday, May 21, 2010

Holy Moose!

It's been a busy week here in Copper and it's about to get busier! Tonight my supervisor and I will be headed to Anchorage to pick up 3 employees tomorrow. Excited to get into town and have a Snow City hash brown...they are THE best I've had in my life. And for those of you that don't know me very well, I'm typically not a fan of breakfast foods, but this; oh it's the best.
I went to Valdez the other night to see the new and improved dock. The ride up was all rain. This was the first rainy day I'd encountered this summer and hopefully it will be a warm and sunny summer like last year. On the ride up I was reintroduced to the beauty of the Chugach mountain range, lakes, the great Alaskan pipeline, Keystone Canyon, Worthington Glacier, Thompson's Pass and all the beauty of my very favorite drive. There is still quite a bit of snow that hasn't melted quite yet, and doesn't look like it wants to leave just yet. With all of the rain and gloomy weather, it was a little spooky through the Keystone Canyon area. The waterfalls have broken through the ice and are swiftly moving down massive rocks on the mountain. It was just as beautiful as I remembered, and was truly happy to be back and see everything I think of when I'm away. While there we had sushi at Fu Kung and it. was. delicious. Hit the spot. After all of the sushi fun we saw a young eagle and two moose; a mama and her calf. The pictures I took didn't come out too well as they started to move as soon as we stopped to get a closer look. They were HUGE! Little moose tid-bit; Alaskan moose are twice the size of the moose in the lower 48. I'm hoping to get a better picture soon so you can see for yourself.
I can't say I've had any stories lately that involve me getting barked at by a squirrel or any other type of animal interaction, but rest assured, there will definitely be humor in my summer to come.
Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment