My New Home

My New Home
Downtown Seattle - Nighttime

Saturday, May 8, 2010

She must be crazy. Don't you want to get a real job and a husband already??

This will be my third summer living and working in one of the most amazing and lovely places I've ever seen, much less lived. I'm 25, soon to be 26 and while I have a strong desire to find a full time year round job that pays me well and offers benefits, I can't say I'm upset about being able to travel and experience different parts of our beautiful country; and do things that make my mother terrified for my life; i.e. sea kayaking, hiking around in a grizzly playground, and so on. (I'm not supposed to share with her that I WILL ice climb on a glacier this summer, and would love to sky dive, too.)

I have every intention to share with you my adventures and pictures this summer, as I know a number of friends and family who often tell me they live vicariously through me. I hope I can deliver, my friends. Truthfully, I am just a small town girl that wanted more, and here I am sitting in my friend Kim's house in Girdwood, AK looking out the window and viewing the heavily snow covered Chugach mountains with one of the bluest skies I've seen in a long time.

This ought to be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment